Important Updates Regarding Coronavirus Situation
The following is an update from pastor Jake:
On Thursday, March 12th, the elder team issued this statement regarding our stance on the coronavirus. We are continuing to take the posture of exercising wisdom, while not giving place to fear. We are also encouraging everyone to take whatever precautions and safety measures that they deem appropriate. Whatever decisions the elder team makes, know that we respect your personal convictions and choices.
Things seem to be changing on a daily basis, and we will all need to be flexible as this unfolds. Let’s stay in a place of unity and love for one another, in the midst of differing perspectives on how best to walk through this unprecedented situation.
*Here is a link to the message I preached on Sunday, March 15th. At the beginning of the message, I expounded on our coronavirus statement: Time to Arise and Shine
We are planning to provide some small gatherings for those who want to attend, and will also be using technology as much as we can to stay connected and encourage each other. Here are some points about where we are at as of this writing:
1. Regarding Sunday Services: We do not have access to meet at the school, and as of this week, we do not have access to meet at Living Hope’s building (they are closing it for at least a few weeks). So, for the time being, we will not be having our normal Sunday church services.
2. Life Groups and Prayer Gatherings: We have communicated with our Life Group leaders and Prayer Gathering leaders, letting them know that they are free to continue to host their group, or free to cancel their group for now. We support either one of these decisions. We will keep you posted as we have more information.
- Friday night worship and prayer at the Works’ home has been cancelled until further notice.
Here are some currently available prayer gatherings:
New: Saturday Prayer Gathering: Hosted by Peter and Laura Andrews
- Starts Saturday, March 21st
- Meets every Saturday, from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Location: Church of the Word International
175 Church Street
Landisville, PA 17538
- Children are welcome to join, but no separate childcare is provided
New: Women’s Virtual Prayer Gathering: Hosted by Laura Andrews via Zoom
- Every Wednesday and Thursday night from 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM, starting this week
- Those who are interested can email Laura at Andrewsclan13@gmail.com. She will send you a private link for the night 10 mins before 8pm.
Tuesday Morning Prayer: Hosted by Paul Broomell
- Meets every Tuesday at 5:30 AM
- Email Paul for the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s continue to trust God through these turbulent and uncertain times. I have no doubt that He is at work in the midst of all that is going on. I will continue to be in touch on a regular basis as all of this is unfolding. Much love to all of you!